December should be officially known as the month of Gastronomic Excess. This can be problematic in terms of weight gain and indigestion. The constant barrage of rich, fatty, salty, sugary, alcoholicy (?) foods wreak havoc on your stomach and digestion. It’s not polite and potentially embarrassing to discuss but the side effects can be painful and annoying to you and yours.
- Eat smaller meals more frequently.
- Eat slowly.
- Exercise regularly.
- Cut back on Alcohol.
- Manage Stress.
- Avoid foods that contain a high amount of acid. (tomatoes, citrus fruits)
- Wait at least three hours after your last meal before going to bed.
- Don’t lie down immediately after eating.
- Stop eating so much food and drinking so much alcohol you glutton. I’m serious, if you continue like this you’ll end up like your worthless Uncle Lou.
BUT if symptoms or indigestion persist, it could indicate other digestive conditions such as gastritis, heartburn, peptic ulcers, gallstones, and stomach cancer. Keep a record of your food patterns and present them to your physician or gastroenterologist.