Hey there…so…how was your New Year’s? Good? Maybe a little bit too much good? Well here’s a little advice for next year. I’m not implying anything but…you may want to pass this along to your friend. The one who threw up in the hallway at the party.
- Eat a full meal shortly before drinking.
- Drink non alcoholic drinks between alcoholic drinks to slow the rate of consumption.
- Drink no more than one drink per hour.
- Do not mix alcohol with other drugs. (I also hear you should drink liquor no mixers to slow absorption and prevent hangovers, but we're not talking hangover prevention.)
- Leave any drinking that is out of control before you become involved.
- Do not let others pressure you to drink.
- KNOW YOUR LIMITS and stick to them!!!
Symptoms of Alcohol Poisoning
- Cold, clammy, unusually pale of bluish skin.
- Breathing slow, less than 8 times a minute or 10 seconds or more between breaths.
- Unconscious and cannot be awakened.
- Vomiting while passed out and does not wake up during or after.